Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 February 2017

So it is F(ryan)day



Ah hello F(ryan)day I am looking forward to the weekend when I can put my feet  up, do some  knitting  and scare myself binge watching 'Fortitude' with a glass of wine.


To be honest I am still totally worn out after all the 'scanning' and travels, floods ( yes a  flooded kitchen) of the last couple of weeks, so I need to at least try to get my breath back.

Although now that I have quotes on jobs to be done, it looks as if the house may be on the market sooner than expected.


Anyhoo what is happening in cricket.

Well no sooner had I posted the blog yesterday about the treble century in T20 in Delhi by Mohit Ahlawat, then I see that he has been picked up by  The Delhi Daredevils for a trial ahead of the IPL.

How brilliant is that?!

I am loving all the England team are coming out and backing Joe Root for the vacant captains job, its sort of looks as if none of them want it and are piling it all on Rooty.

Poisoned challace????

Interesting to read that former Captain Cook felt that he had been 'left out to dry' over the 'HWMNBNITB' sacking, by the ECB.
If you get a chance,his comments are worth a read.
Expect the book out in time for Christmas.


News that Lasith Mailinga is set to return filtered through yesterday. After a year out with injury it will be good to see his strange bowling action back, when they tour  Australia later this month.

After the news at the back end of last year about players being charged due to match fixing in South Africa, it  now looks as if it could be worse than fines  and bans,as it is in the hands of the state prosecutors.
Six players are currently in the spotlight, one already hit with a 20 year ban for acting as an intermediary.

Sad state of play but high stakes in T20  cricket all over the world.

Sad that the phone is ringing already.

Oh well not long until the weekend.

Happy F(ryan)day







No comments :