Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 February 2017

The power of downsizing




Ah yes, although I am not downsizing house wise just at this moment, I am getting very much into it in other parts of my life. It's like a proper spring clean. I tell you, the article I read last week has had a massive impact on things.

The house decluttering in preparation for 'le grand' move has made me look at everything very closely, hence a few trips to the charity shop.

I spent last night moving furniture around just to see how it 'looked'.

I like change I have decided.

Now I just have to keep up the momentum and I will be on the ferry to France before I know it.

The Dame is hoping that today is the day for her and she will be off too.

Allez!!!!

I see that Trotty has signed until 2018 with Warwickshire. Jonathan has pulled himself back in to cricket after taking a break a couple of seasons ago for health reason ( which has been well documented).
His commitment to the game is to be commended, at 35 he is not the youngest player on the circuit but certainly not the oldest.

Interesting to read that the ECB and PCA are looking into a 'pay;problem  caused by the IPL. centrally contracted Players are docked  a percentage of their earnings per days they play in the IPL.
This goes back about 6 years when IPL was looked on not as favourably as it is now. Andrew Strauss is now said to actively encourage players to go and play out there.

My thoughts are that as we are always hearing about how tired they are and how much cricket they are playing surely a break and then a bit of County duty would be better.

Love it or hate it,the IPL will be with us very soon.

And finally today, a huge shout out to 'Big Wayne' from Sutton United who has to be the all time hero of any non league/Sunday League footballer.
cleaning the dugout, scoffing pies  and just being an all round ( sorry about the pun) good egg. Although Sutton lost to Aresenal, it was the match of the century  at Gander Green.

Right phone is ringing for the 4th time this early morning so best get on .


No comments :