Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 April 2017

and I'm off................


yes, I am about to get the car out of the garage and  then not long until I am wending my way down to Headingley, to say that I am excited is an understatement!

However lets have a look at the opening day of the season proper!.

Yorkshire went in to bat and with a Captains innings par excellence, Gary Ballance hit 120!
TLJL hit 7, so he needs to pull out all the stops in the second innings.
Yorkshire were all out for 273, with Steve Patterson  finishing on 37 not out.
Well done Patto

Hampshire went into bat and the lovely Michael Carberry hit 22, but Adams was gone before the 2nd over, Vince gone before the 4th and close of play they were 5 wickets down thanks to Ben Coad!
What a start to the season for the youngster!!!!

Come on Ben do us proud(er)!

So today  I will be hoping for some more heroics and some great cricket.

Elsewhere,
Northantd bowled Glamorgan out for 101.

 Ex Durham boy Mark Stoneman hit a century for 'Rockerfeller CCC'

Kent lower order saved face in the 2nd Div match against Gloucestershire ( the Dizzy effect?)


So day 2 is going to be very interesting.

I am packed and ready, I am about to stuff peanut butter and banana on toast down my cake hole, have a gulp of coffee, quick shower and  then ...................I'm off

Its Saturday and its a cricket day


have a good one!








No comments :