Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 April 2017

And it all begins again



So after 3 days in southampton I am home and already have the washing machine going.
I arrived home just after 9pm last night after a very good flight back to Leeds.

Now I am preparing for a full week in the office.

However back to yesterday.
We were in a tough position at start of play, although Gary Ballance put in a brilliant batting display and hit a century. we were all out by lunch and Hampshire decided to enforce the follow on.
I was worried to say the least when Lyth went for 6!

Alex Lees started the fight back and then helped by the captain they steadied the ship. Lees fell for 70 and Ballance was 78* over night.
We need to hold on today and try to get a draw out of this game.
The bowling from Hampshire has been exceptional and they have tested us in every way possible.
My thoughts though are that although the ECB let us have Root and Bairstow back for the game, were they  really at their best for us?
its tough I know, I think we would have preferred to see them playing on home soil.

At Lords, Middlesex are in a commanding position against Essex, Steve Finn being in good form.

I will be keeping an eye on the game today although I imagine that my desk will be covered when I get into the office.

I would like to say that if you haven't visited the Rose Bowl then it is worth a trip. The staff are brilliant and the ground is an absolute gem.I'm  not a fan of steel and glass, however  I will take it all back in light of my visit.
The 'Arlott'  Atrium is wonderful and a great place for members to meet and eat.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn then than a minutes walk from the gates to the ground, and that was amazing too, I will be writing a review of this hotel on the my website.

In all I have had a great weekend, meeting  friends old and new.

And now.........................well  I really don't want to think of the week ahead.






No comments :