Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 June 2017

And breathe





........................well only 2 more work days to go and then I am out of it.

I am going to have a weekend of rest and relaxation to try to get myself ready for the new job..................well I will have some R & R after the washing and housework is done.

However, I got home last night to the start of the Notts innings in the One Day Cup and after Essex had posted a  370 it was a tall order for Notts to chase a record target of 371.

I busied myself in the kitchen listening to the action on TMS and as I began bottling the elderflower champagne, Lumb fell for 11.

Hales and Wessels followed and it was time for Samit to step up. The little chubster put on 122 carrying his bat back to the pavilion with his head held high.
Why? well I am sure that everyone knows that with a 111 from Mullaney and Read seeing the Samit through to the 49.3 over win with a score of 373-5

for goodness sake these boys are brilliant!!!

I tell you I would have loved to have been at that game, right down to the last over!

Yesterday also saw an interview with HRR, he talked about his recent run of amazing form but reiterated that he has no intention of going back on his retirement plan.

much to my absolute distress!!!!

Even worse news for moi, that my new pet bowler Mitchell Starc is not playing in the tour of Bangladesh and is being rested ahead of the Ashes series this winter.

Starc will take part in the India series  in September in the build up to the Ashes.

And so today we see the other semi final as Worcester take on Surrey.

Well the sun  is shining and I am about to put the washing out on the line and I will tune into TMS whilst sitting in the garden, I really am trying to get some rest as I think that my tank is very nearly empty.

Right off to hang out my smalls and my larges


Have a super Saturday, its a big cricket weekend, enjoy!


1 comment :

ricky said...

Have a lovely weekend Lainey