Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 July 2017

new week


And it is Monday again and time to put my work head on and knuckle down.

it may be a painful week as yesterday after a full on sneezing fit I managed to put my back out.
To say that I have had an uncomfortable night is an understatement
I am now sure  the sneezing is a  head cold and not  hayfever, my nose is running like a tap and my eyes are streaming, and I have the worst headache ever!,however it will have to be put on a back burner ( something that I am feeling at the moment) and onwards I go.

I decided not to go to Headingley which turned out to be the wrong decision as they had some rain, but got a game and to say that it was a good one is an understatement.
David Willey continued his run of good form hitting 118 off 55 balls, TLJL hit 14 which was up there with the rest of the team, as they posted 233-6.

I also missed 'Commando Boy' take a wicket which is probably for the best as I may have cheered!

Worcestershire in reply made 196-7 but not before Ross Whiely hit 6,6's before being caught by TLJL

It was some game.

Over in the final of the Women's World Cup England pulled off a blinder to beat India, with Anya Shrubsole taking 6-46.

the women seem to be showing the men how its done.

many congratulations to the girls.

Did I manage to get anything done at the Chateau before my back went?

Well yes I got some cooking done, cleaned out the fridge, and tidied the sitting room.

And then I set about knitting.

It was all go until it ground to a halt ( if you get my drift)

Washing was all done and dried which is a huge relief in light of the torrential rain that we  had for most of the afternoon and evening.

And this week, well back permitting there will be stripping and painting and lawn mowing and strimming.

Lots to do and only 2 weeks to do it in, this time in 2 weeks I will be in Scarbados...................I cannot wait.

time to head out into the coldest and windiest summer day i have seen in a while.



No comments :