Powered By Blogger

Thursday 23 November 2017

It's cricket





Yes it is all going  on as I type, the first test has started.
I toddled off to bed with the intention of just seeing what had happened this morning, but due to a wild raging storm I was woken up just after midnight and decided to put the radio on, to hear Tuffers bleating away, I was back to sleep  in no time and woke up refreshed at 5.15am as normal.
And before the keyboard warriors hone up their 2 finger typing skills to say 'call yourself a cricket fan?',
I had already made the decision not to listen based on a day of meetings. I love cricket, I just have a very busy couple of days ahead.


So here is how it stands ( although all of you will already know this)

Cook went for 2 bowled by Mitch Starc
Stoneman was gone for 53 and  the Vince was run out for 83.

Root and Malan are at the crease

score is 143-3

In other news Glamorgan have signed Shaun Marsh for two seasons which seems to be the way that it is going at the moment. Yorkshire have been lucky to sign an overseas player for 2 weeks let alone 2 years.
We are still waiting on news of a new arrival. I fear the great niece will be here before we get that news.

Much speculation about whether will take on a Kolpak player. Even though we all know that it is much talked about that we won't

I. just hope that we get a player that is not Australian,as I feel that they have let us down somewhat in the last few seasons.
Just my opinion.

Current score 148-3 and I am off out the door.

Places to go and people to meet and all that stuff.

I will be listening on the drive into work and then checking what happened up to close of play on twitter at lunchtime.


have a fabulous day, luckily the storm has passed here.

And remember we are less than a month from the shortest day...................and then it is nearly the cricket season.


No comments :