Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 November 2017

Nearly back to normal ( whatever that is)



well, new day, new week, and I am standing upright finally.
after succumbing to the 'winter vomiting bug' according to the NHS helpline, I am now 1/2 stone lighter, have a total dislike of coffee (WHHHHATTTT!!!!???) and  am about to head back to work.

I have managed in past years to avoid this complaint and believe me after having it I am going to do my best never to get it again. The upside ( if there was an upside) is that I managed to sleep through the first test which  many of you may have wished you had too.

I struggled to work for my meeting on Friday, somehow managed to drive myself home. Crawled in the front door, and that is not an exaggeration, my neighbours must have been into total curtain twitching mode to see that. got into bed fully clothed due to being so cold that even the electric blanket on both sides didn't penetrate, and slept on and off for 17 hours ( of which 16 was probably full on sleep).
Saturday was  much the same apart from drinking litres of water, juice, dioralyte  ( I am considering buying shares) and Andrews.

By yesterday I was feeling well enough to put the washing in ( some things never change) and got showered and hairwashed ( although that made no impression on the fact that I was a white as the sheets I had just washed).

I have managed to eat 3 pieces of dry toast in the last 2 days, but the smell of food is still leaving me a little queasy.

Due to past problems with the temperature spiking, heart palpitating lurgy, I had been advised  that I couldn't fight this and had to let it take its course, which resulted in 2 missed blogs, something that I have rarely done in 5.5 years of blogging.

I'd like to say thank you for all your good wishes, I managed to reply to most when I was lucid, and some when I wasn't!!!

What can we say about England though, well lets just move onto the next test I think!

Meanwhile I am moving onto another week and lets hope it passes without any unnecessary drama.


Thoughts also today with the family of Phillip Hughes.


wishing you all a happy and healthy week.

I can now continue with the decorating!










No comments :