Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 June 2018

A day off



So yesterday I took  a rare day off from the blog as I was so tired. My day was spent doing absolutely zero!
No washing, no dishwasher, no cleaning. a most unusual state of affairs here at the chateau.

It was also the birthday of former first lady of Middlesex ,Blossom, so I managed to send birthday wished to her.

 I also received a wonderful picture of my own special 'throne' that has been made for me and to go into the extensive grounds.
Philip was super busy and Carole took time out to try it out for size. absolutely beautiful it is too.

I did manage to make a special birthday card which will be in the post soon.

Australia were playing a warm up match and beat Middlesex , not a great birthday pressie for the Former First lady!

We had County Championship action starting yesterday ( yes on a Saturday) and Somerset started well, it will be a great one to listen to.

Hampshire were hosting Surrey but bad light affected the match there.

Today is about playing catch up and I hear the spin cycle on, so I will be able to get the bedding out on the line shortly.

After that I think a spot of chutney making and I have bottles to sterilise ready for the first batch of elderflower champagne.
it may be June but the xmas hampers are never far from my thoughts.

Well its a short one today, but better than nothing.

have a peaceful Sunday






No comments :