Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Another bombshell




So after I muttered the 'R' word last week, it was announced yesterday that 'Our Hoddy' will be retiring at the end of the season.
Andrew Hodd is one the nicest men in English cricket, he has time for everyone and is a great keeper too.

At the last match of the 2016 season, Hoddy spent a good part of the evening speaking to Jim and I ( we were probably slurring by this point).

I introduced him to the President of Middlesex and a former president Geoff.
The following day Geoff told me that he thought Andrew was a great person and was much impressed with him, he said he was a credit to Yorkshire.

It will be another sad close to the season when we bid a fond farewell to The hoddfather.

In county championship news, Notts rallied yesterday and posted 468 with Tom Moorres scoring his maiden century.

Come on Notts you can do this.

Hampshire meanwhile went down like a lead balloon as they were hammered by the rich kids.
The gorgeous Morne Morkel taking 3-37
Dale Steyn took a couple of wickets for Hants.

this would have been my dream game to watch, with 2 of my favourite bowlers playing.


I meanwhile am knee deep in work as I continue to try to tie up the loose ends in the allotted time left for me.

Its all go.

The 'tenting' trip is sorted and I am badly in need of it.

look out Todmorden, the girls are coming to town!

No comments :