Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 June 2018

Calm after the storm



Well this time yesterday it was warm and very humid with grey skies. today we have the grey skies but it is fresher after a huge storm late afternoon.

I had been full on busy all morning and into the afternoon, I was listening to  the cricket  commentary and interviews due to it  being rained delayed and wishing for rain here, and when it came, it certainly let everyone know!

Within 20 minutes, the bottom of my drive was underwater, I was very quickly developing a moat! It was still there when I went to bed although this morning the water had subsided and I am left with the mass of dead petals from the horse chestnut tree.
However the upside is that the hydrangeas are now looking amazing and will be flowering soon. This is always something that I look forward to as I am never sure what shade of blue ( or purple) they will be this year.

So after a very long rain delay at Headingley England took to the crease. We were still there at close of play which was well after 7pm.
There were no really high scores but we just got on with it.
302-7 was close of play score.

lets see what today holds.


I am now off to hang out the bedding and to head off to the shops.

Its a busy week for me this week with lots going on at the office, and  lots of  bods on holiday.

Time to get the flight booked I think. I need a break. Just have to get a couple of weeks out of the way and can then think about heading to the sun.

have a great day.




No comments :