Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 June 2018

So its Saturday



So it's Saturday, the washing is on, the dishwasher is doing its thing and the house is tidy, I'm good to go!

Funny how I have managed to keep the chateau in constant show house mode, its like living in a different house., I'm guessing that getting rid of some furniture has been a help too.Still more to shift though.

I have to say a huge thank you to Susan for the lovely offer which I would have loved to take up but due to today being very busy, I could not do.

So lets look at yesterday, as the test match waggon trundled into Headingley.
England looked like a different team form the one at Lords last weekend as they took the upper hand on the first day.
Broad hit back at his critics as he took 3 wickets and newby Sam Curran  took  a wicket too. England reduced Pakistan to 174 all out.
In reply, Jennings on his return to the side,hit 29.
Captain Root is still at the crease.
Lets see what today brings.

I will be watching when I can and will have the radios on in various parts of the chateau.

In one day cup action, the holders Notts had a win over Worcestershire ( who have been romping away in this competition).
'Big' Luke Fletcher, a particular favourite of some of us, took 4-20.
I cannot say enough how much I admire Luke, he is a great player.

Worcestershire were still minus commando Boy, i am beginning to worry!.

Well no worries on the clothes drying scale, the weather is not looking too bad although the sun has yet to make an appearance.

And with that I am off to get ready for the day.






No comments :