Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 June 2018

Sunday slow down.




Although I was wide awake with the blackbirds this morning I have had a rare lie in. I actually had scared the life out of myself watching 'Whitechapel' series 4 last night ( note to self never move to Whitechapel), but this morning decided to see the conclusion. And it was good!

Beds now stripped, washing machine on and I am good to go.......to town to have a little look around the shops.

Well now, yesterday was a fabulously full day as Philip and Carole came up to visit, Philip has made me the most amazing garden chair (Adirondack chair), fully resplendent in Yorkshire colours too!. I also got a new bird house and this morning I noticed  there was a lot of interest in it.

We had such a wonderful few hours catching up and just chattering, the best way to spend Saturday, although the drive back for them was not so good as the heavens opened!

Everything crossed that we meet up in two weeks.

News from Yorkshire that Captain Ballance has stood down and Steve Patterson has taken over.
It takes a good man to admit he cannot maintain the job in hand, we all hope that Gazza now secures more runs. He is a great cricketer.
Steve is the silent member of the team, the butt of many jokes but still a workhorse.
I know he will steer the ship in the direction that we want.

England were in action yesterday and beat the Aussies  but only by 38 runs. it could have gone the other way.
Some great performances on both sides , Roy with a century for England and Marsh  with one for Australia.
The match was affected by the weather , however the result made up for it.

Interesting to see that David Warner is going to play in the CPL!!!!!!

Worcestershire and Kent are in One Day cup action today so I need to get organised so that I can watch.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday what ever you are doing.



No comments :