Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 June 2018

Weekend calling

It's Friday and its half day, it is also 'bacon butty' day for the boys, we all love Friday.

I'm not so sure that  the yorkie boys will be loving Friday morning, I bet there are a few sore head.
They were playing Essex yesterday and after losing early wickets and being 45-5, it was a great batting  performance between the Gazza and TLJL which steadied the ship.
As you know I predicted a century for Jack, but I am more than happy with his 57, which, I am reliably informed was  a brilliant and steady innings.
Gazza made 91 and a great display of batting that was too.

they posted 259.

Essex went in and Cook was gone  by just into the 7th over. it was game on by the 33rd over as the hosts were 6 down.
I was feeling very sick, we are starting to do this 'take it to the wire' thing ans I wasn't sure that I could stand  it.
There was some spectacular batting from Wheater (78) who was their highest scorer.
The bowlers were doing their stuff, Matty Fisher being in the thick of it, but credit has to go to Steve Patterson, one of the names that is rarely bandied about. his 4-36 saw us over the line and on our way to The Ageas bowl.

Ahhh Monday is going to be a day and a half.


David Willey was pouring  out his heart to anyone that would listen.
Yorkshire apparently threatened to rip up his contract when he defected to the IPL days before the start of the season.
Well he is one lucky boy!
His loyalty was and is still questionable!

The high winds of yesterday have resulted in my garden being strewn with horse Chestnut leaves , its like September all over again but this time they are all green.

after a frantic half hour trying to clear up the mess, I decided to just leave it and hope that any wind will blow them  into the next door neighbours garden!

well time to go, someone has to go to see 'Big Al' for the butties!




No comments :