Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 September 2018

And so its Sunday




Well I set off from home at 7am and braved the road works on the A1 to go and cheer my boys on.
It was a gloriously sunny day and  although I knew that the chances of them scoring 400+ runs was not on the cards, one more pair of hands clapping was essential.

I popped in to see Helen at the Lodge and thank her for returning Pink hippo to me  after his adventure between the beds, resulting in his not getting a ride on the donkeys at Scarbados!

Great to catch up with Dave and Molly, lots of chatter, also excellent news Helen, wishing you all the best in your new endeavour.

wickets fell but not before teeny tiny Kiwi Kane  and night watchman  Josh Shaw managed to hit 51 & 42 respectively.

Hoddy came in  and hit 24 before saluting the crowd in what could be his last FC match for us, there were tears! I have a lot of time and respect for Andrew Hodd.

I was a tad cross about comments made regarding TLJL. He has had a poor season through not having a regular 1st team place. I know about batting order, but Lees was given a place and did absolutely nothing.
Jack has nothing to prove to keyboard warriors. He  will come good again of that I am sure.

I did also catch up with TLML, which was great, she was relieved to hear that the great niece was not named Jackalean!!!

The team got through to tea and I could see that they were really trying to bat out a draw, but not to be.

They didn't give up, they played the game properly and I have nothing but admiration for the boys.

I drove home and was in bed super early for a Saturday.

We move on to Trent Bridge and I will be there to cheer them on.



Today is already about washing and there will be some chutney making as I have a new recipe to try out.

Have a great day.


No comments :