Powered By Blogger

Friday 14 September 2018

TGIF




Ah its Friday and it seems to have been a long week!


However weekend is nearly here and that means finals day and also my favourite thing ever...................


................the mascot race!

That is tomorrow though and I have to get through bacon butty Friday first.

Yesterday my boys managed to bowl Lancashire out in less than an hour and showed that my continued praise and faith is them is just.

We move on to take on Hampshire and I know we can so this!


#getbehindtheboys

Surrey won the county championship as we all suspected, good for them. They can keep the trophy warm for us.

The ECB are looking to trademark the '100' to be fair I think that it may be an 'egg on face' moment  but they have to be able to show that the champagne and cavier meetings are worth it.

maybe, just maybe they should be throwing more money into the County game, what an archaic idea that is!

Lots been going on at the chateau, as I consulted a carpenter about a new project  ( should have chatted to Philip Bird I think), in theory it should work but the proof is in the pudding as they say..........and I like pudding.

Another working week nearly over and only 2 more weeks to the end of the cricket season here in Blighty, where did that go?

The memories of the season are being stored away in the cricket box and  it will be ready for more next year.

At least I have  a lot of things to look forward to in the close season. Including a trip to an old mining village here in the North East of Blighty, the home of some other Robinsons  I believe!

Well its that time again as I head off to see 'Big Al, the hungry persons pal' and put in the order for my boys,

Then back to the glamour that is sewage, biomass and turbidity.

Believe me, sludge cake is not something that you would want to see on a cricket tea table!






No comments :