Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Wednesday




Well here we are at Wednesday and its been a cold and blowy night, autumn is in the air, and I am wrapping up for work. The nights are drawing in and the mornings are darker, I don't like this time of year at all.

we are now in the final throws of the County Championship and after Hampshire beating Somerset, Surrey are racing to be the champions.

Yorkshire rallied yesterday with great performances by Gazza and Tom K-C, we need to pull out all the stops today.

Notts also need to do us a favour and go big today with bat and ball.

Am I biting my nails?

Of course not, there are still 2 matches left.

To be fair if we had bought half the South African national team we would have been flying, but like it or not, its not the Yorkshire way. We are looking to play our homegrown talent ( in most cases).

My final match of the season is fast approaching and I am looking forward to seeing friends and also enjoying the game that I love and the county that I love and support through thick and thin.

The test series is over in the UK for another year, although next year sees the World Cup fly into town.
Ah how I remember 1999, me laid up in bed in London after a not so nice car accident, mum, having come down to look after me, doing all the housework and cooking before start of play so that we could lie on the bed and spend our days watching cricket.
Should make for some great days next year.

But lets not put the season to bed yet.

Its been up and down ( like my year I guess), its  been fact finding and wondering where mistakes were made(like my year). Some mistakes? maybe but we move on
its been cricket.

Sussex will be hoping  to get something going for themselves today after a day of wickets falling.

I will be hoping that I get some serious movement  of workload today as I have boys on site and on courses and have a mountain of things that I need done.
Best get to it,

happy Wednesday!






No comments :