Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 December 2018

And Thursday begins



I can only advise anyone in the North East of Blighty to stay in bed today, where it is nice and warm. I was up at the usual time (5.15am), put the kettle on and then decided to put the recycling out...............holy moly! it was freezing, I decided that the recycling can wait until tomorrow.

As I have probably said all this week, I cannot wait for my ( shorter than normal) Christmas break so that I can just stay in bed with my electric blanket!

And thoughts are turning to Christmas.

Thankfully Royal Mail managed to deliver the cards and presents that I had ready to go at the weekend. ( not so some of my ebay things which have gone AWOL).
I love the whole thing about preparing and giving at Christmas.
As most of my pressies are food related I tend to do a lot of the preparing during the year.
And Christmas is a time for giving, I have been putting together a 'reverse'advent box, where I put something INTO it everyday.
I have been putting tinned and dry goods into the box and on the 24th I will add the last things and then hand it over and it will be given to a family who are less fortunate than myself. Hopefully it will be useful to them over the Xmas period.

I have scanned just about every paper and cricket site for a sliver of news, and there is nothing that is really worth writing about.
It seems that today is a dead day on the news front.

I think then that it is time to head out of the door and make my way to the office.

The roadworks have eased off for the time being although I imagine that they will return in the New Year.


So I wish you all a Happy Thursday, and wrap up warm.








No comments :