Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Best laid plans


Arrrggghhhhh just when you thought that things might just, possibly, hopefully, start moving in the right direction......they grind to a halt and stop completely in one area.

How to deal with it, well I'm talking the dog approach , if you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away...................................well I will only be metaphysically 'peeing' on it but you get the idea.

Good news in the office that I became an  Office Aunt again over the weekend  and  this time after a hundred million hints, my office nephew ( I now have 3) has been named JACK!!!!!!
He is TTTJL ( the teeny tiny Jack Lupton) he was a little bit early and his mummy had  been a little bit poorly, hence his early arrival, but they are both doing really well and that's the main thing.

Over in the  land of cricket,news from the BBL is that Sydney Sixers have signed one third of the Curran kids, as Tom has signed a deal for the 2018-19 season. The Sixers will be looking for someone to replace John Hastings after his forced retirement.
Those are big shoes to fill.

And news that they other T20 circus, aka, The IPL will be holding their auction on Decmeber 18th. The day when  obscene amounts of money are bandied around and players dream of becoming millionaires.
My Mum and I used to love to watch the IPL and this was back in 2009 ( or may have been 2008) when it was shown on ITV4 and although bold and brash, it was nothing like the  HUGE circus that it has become.

I am on countdown to the shortest day, as in Lainey world after this it is summer!!!! well it is closer to the cricket season anyway.


In other news little Miss Babs went into the vets to get 'done' and apparently is feeling very sorry for herself, I think a world full of bouncy Barbara's is just what we need.........although on the other hand maybe not.

well its a cold dark Tuesday morning, but at least there is no 'Richard Tator' in the office, actually yesterday there was a lack of a lot of people in the office, I fear the recurring lurgy is taking its toll and am hoping that I actually get clear on of it.

Oh well, time roadworks and traffic jams wait for no Lady, so best to head off and start the day.
I may have been 'knocked down' yesterday but I am up and fighting again this morning.

Have a calm and peaceful day.

No comments :