Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 January 2019

The first day back proper






And so I am back to the office  properly today and will be going with a heavy heart but work I must and in the meantime I will look at other options.

I have some things to sort out in the 3 days that remain of this week. And lots to do at home too in the run up to the weekend. All this in earrings!!!

Yesterday was a very quiet New Years Day, with a trip to the seaside and walk on the beach ( also a mad moment of 'sploding'). It was just what was needed to clear my head ( and nearly freeze my toes off).

I met up with some cricket chums last night and was home in bed before 10pm.

I am meeting up tonight with two friends who I haven't seen in about 30 years,although in truth I did bump into one of them briefly a couple of weeks ago.
We all used to drink in the local pub, which sadly was knocked down a couple of years ago and now has a large number of tiny box houses built on the site.
Progress is not always good, the pub was the heart of the community and when it closed its doors, a lot of community spirit went with it.

 As there is very little news on the cricket front I will not bore you with what is happening at the chateau and I need to think about setting off to the salt mine.
Hopefully the roads will be very clear as the schools are still on holiday.
One of many things to be grateful for.

Happy Wednesday


No comments :