Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 March 2019

A new era?







And so we ( that is Yorkshire) are entering into a new era.
We have a new stand, which as I have not yet inspected, appears to be a fabulous structure, although a full report should hopefully be available soon ( i.e how much baggage space around the chairs, toilet facilities with good lighting over mirrors, you know, the important things).

We are moving onwards with the team and are looking to have a fine season.

I   however fear that we may be stuck in a rut in other areas.

What is being part of a club all about?, is it about wearing a blazer and tie in club colours, although I admit I am a sucker for a man in a Yorkshire tie.
No I believe that it is not what you wear but what is in your heart.

And currently my heart is not beating as fast as it should be, mainly as  I am concerned that we may be sliding backwards instead of  racing forwards.

Our current chairman stepped in last year after the resignation of our former chairman., and appears to be sticking around for another year.
Our former Chairman was a real people person and was Yorkshire to the core, he was seen around the ground stopping to talk to anyone wanting a chat, he interacted on social media, which is really the way things are done today.
Honestly, hold your hands up if you have had any kind of interaction with our current chairman?

we are in a minority amongst the counties, of Board members who are not on any social media platform.

Is this the way forward? well honestly none of you would be reading this if Twitter was not around! so I would say yes.

How many of you would know our current Chairman in the street in his 'civvies'?

Not a lot I would say.

And so this is why I am a little worried.

We need to move with the times and have full access to a person who holds our club in his hands.

You may not agree, but this is my personal view.

My plea to the Yorkshire board is move forward, get out of the rut, be more personable and make members feel secure with the decisions you are making on behalf of the club.

And with that I am off.





No comments :