Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 June 2015

You never know what your day will bring!



I think that most of us look in the mirror in the morning and wonder what the day will bring, for me, my first thoughts during the working week are ' what will be happening when I get to  'The Muppet Show today?',
and at weekends it is usually ' Will My Tykes win this week?'.

Yesterday started as normal in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, with the usual carryings on about making my coffee.
I carried on working and ignoring the noise level which was increasing by the minute.
I did get my coffee but not without a near punch up, ( 'it's your turn', 'No it's your turn you never make the coffee')

At lunch time I was having a glance through a free giving and receiving site where you can off load your 'stuff' for free and people come to collect it, and like wise pick up things that you never knew you needed ( who knew I might need a 10ft aquarium!). I spotted a post from a lady looking for 'anything' as she was trying to start her life over after years of domestic abuse.

well this set the cogs in my tiny brain into motion and I thought that I was bound to have some things to help her. I emailed and instantly got a response.

The lady came to collect the things last night and I stood on my doorstep crying with her as she explained her plight.  This was all a little too close to home for I, Lady Lainey, as I have been in her position and would not be where I am today without the help of my family and friends.

I tried to assure her that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and that although it may not seem that way at that moment, things do and will get better.

when she left I thought that I would be wracked with the old nagging fears that have plagued me for years, but surprisingly, I realised how far I have come. How lucky I am , I may not be a millionaire, but I have more than I could wish for and being able to help someone in a small way  was a real joy.

Sometimes the laughs and smiles that you see on peoples faces hide a multitude of fears. Putting on a brave face is a defence mechanism.

However last night I realised that I no longer laugh and smile to mask the ugly truth of my past life, but that I love the life that I have rebuilt for myself.
That is worth its weight in gold.( or in my case platinum!!!)

Woooohooo that was deep so now onto something a little lighter.

Poor old Leicestershire had not won a  county championship match in nearly three years...............until yesterday when they beat Essex. I imagine that there will be some storming hangovers this morning in the homes of the said players.

Well done Leicestershire, onwards and upwards.


My Tykes were playing 'interteam' T20 matches yesterday ahead of the 'biggy' tomorrow evening when they take on their foes Lancashire.

Without further ado I am off to see what mayhem is occurring in Super swanky Lady Lainey office and to count my blessings..

Ooohhh and the sun is shining!!!!




No comments :