Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 June 2019

The longest Day



In the excitement of organising to head off for a day at Headingley , I had totally forgotten that today is the longest day.

This day has become more poignant this year as it was a day that Jon and I always looked forward too.
I don't think that I have given it a second thought in recent  years however with the loss of Jon in April, it has been a huge memory.

So after I get back from the cricket tonight I am going to celebrate the longest day in a 'semi' Lainey and Jon way.

Many, many years ago, Jon and I used to camp out in the garden and try to stay awake all night ( yes we were that sad, but we loved the stupidity of it). If the longest day fell on a weekend we would have a picnic ( read that as liquid picnic).  I don't think that we ever really saw the dawn break in the very early hours, but it was something that we just did for years.

Tonight for one last time, I am going to sit in the extensive grounds ( no camping this time) and  raise a glass of champagne to him.
This may well be the last relax in the extensive grounds of the chateau, so it is doubly meaningful.

Putting another two things to rest and moving on ( slowly and sadly).

Cheers Jon for leaving me with some wonderful, silly and special memories.

In other news the move date has finally been decided after the Estate Agent I am buying through, pushed , MY estate agent.

Now as you know I have had a nightmare with both of these agents, and as there are only two agents on the town , I was between a rock and a hard place.
Things that I have learnt from this is,

1. Never buy and sell a house.

2. In Lady Laineyville be aware that the agents change staff like I change shoes ( continuity is not in their vocabulary)

3.They lie and invade your personal space as well as disregarding instructions.


My desire to bring a one stop shop to the high street, with late night /weekend opening for people who work, and solicitors on site, gets stronger.

Well I'm off before I get in a grump.

Look out Headingley, here I come!

Oh and come on my little lads!!!!!

We can so this!

No comments :