Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Enough is enough






I went to work yesterday, it was rubbish!

So I put an extra days holiday in for today, which means this is the getty up to go to Leeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more listening to office boys complaining, breaking wind and scoring it out of 10, not speaking to each other because someone did a better fart than the others.

Yeah!!!!!!! I can now go and watch cricket, sit in peace and quiet and not have to be bothered by Architects/stroppy site managers/stropping roofers and sheeters/ MD's

Oh no, the only thing that will be bothering me is how much coffee I can drink until I put my dress over my head and run around 'yahooing'.

Well hopefully it won't come to that !!!!
So Pink Hippo and I will shortly be getting into the Lady Lainey limo and heading off to the heady heights of Headingley.

Question is what are we walking into?

Yesterday my boys lost the toss and were put into bat. It didn't go too well, Lythy went cheaply and Gary Ballance had to step up, which he did. No one (currently) made three figures but The Lovely Jack Leaning  hit 36, whilst Adil Rashid hit 53.

Rain hit on and off ( and it can stop that malarkey today) and my boys were up and down  from  the dressing room like the proverbial  brides nightie.

Sussex seemed determined to keep their Division One hopes alive, and Yorkshire  managed to scoop another point by close of play.
They start today 241-7

 #COYT

Elsewhere  in cricket, Worcestershire, who may be going down, proved that they were not out!!!
The completely skittled Middlesex which will not have brought a smile to the face of besty friend El Presidenti de Middx.

 When I read the scoresheet it did bring a smile to my face, as Jack 'Commando boy' Shantry had been taking a couple of wickets. However the hero of yesterday was Shannon Gabriel with his 5-31.

Over at Nottingham ,Hampshire look to be on shakey ground in their match as Wessels hit a century (104) and saw the County debut for Billy Root, younger brother of top Tyke Joey Root. and hit a very repsectable 37.

Last week of cricket or not its all going off.

And going off is what I am about to do...................................off down the A1 and going 'home' for the last time this season.

Finally, my 'good luck'  was kiss of death for Birmingham last night as they got beaten by Aston Villa 1-0. Cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo was on the subs bench which was a good way of ensuring that he didn't get a card of any colour.

Catch you tomorrow.



No comments :