Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 November 2015

Lest we forget





Today is Remembrance Sunday the day when we remember  and thank all the men and woman of the Military duties
I can never get through Remembrance Sunday or 11/11 without shedding some tears.
The poignancy of it all is  brought  home with the reading that they use ( see above).

No amount of poppies can ever replace loved ones lost.
All conflict needs to be a thing of the past, simplistic I know, and something that will never happen.
Today is though, about remembering brave and selfless men and women who put themselves in danger  so that we could be safe on our island.

Lest we forget 




Very good news this morning if you are an Australian cricket fan after they declared and set New Zealia ( as it is known in the Chateau) 504 to win.
Tiny Tykeroony Kane Williamson tried to make a stand for NZ but fell just before tea ( meaning he got to the table before anyone else). However rain put a stop on my Aussies boys finishing the job and NZ closed  on 142-3.
COYA!!!

I am keeping this short as I have things to do before I head off to the Remembrance service in LadyLaineyville.

 
 


No comments :