Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Sun, sun and more sun, but will it last?



It's sunny  and I  am nearly ready for a day in Super Swanky Lady Lainey  office, I say nearly..............

What I am ready for, and what I forgot to say yesterday, is that 'my boys' are in T20 action tonight in a friendly against Yorkshire League select XI at York. Oh yes the Vikings have arrived!!

Sadly I am not going to make it to any of the T20 matches this week, as I am gearing up to the weekend when I will be watching County Championship action ( which is much more important in my book!).

Well after the rain affected test last week and my making comment about 'early 'tests at Northern grounds on Sunday,  the CEO of Yorkshire Mark Arthur must have been reading the blog ( 'well who doesn't darling?'), as he stated yesterday that July tests would be more sensible.
Yes Mark, I agree with you on that one, however that rain did not detract from my brilliant day on Thursday.


And so to this weekend and the test at Chester le Street, yes another early Northern test.

is this some cunning plan by the ECB to cut the north off completely?

Ben Stokes is out of the match and being replaced by Chris Woakes who yesterday took 9-36 to bowl out Durham!!!

Oh dear!!!!

lets have  a round up of the matches from yesterday.

Durham were all out for 190 in their first innings, and I had hoped that they would win*, they will have to pull some 'lapins' out of the 'chapeau' to do this, maybe rain will help??????

Surrey* were also letting me down as they let Lancashire bowl them out for 191!!!

And to complete the hat trick, Notts looked to have a little collapse as they closed overnight 99-5!

I am thinking that I might just 'tune out' form the cricket today and concentrate on getting the pile of O & M' put to bed.


So with that in mind, I bid you good morning and set off to the metropolis that is Ladylaineyworkville



* I was putting all my faith in these two teams to reduce points from Warks & Lancs and no other reason



No comments :