Powered By Blogger

Friday 15 July 2016

Its a thoughtful F(ryan)day

Please note this is not a caption competition picture!



It's a reflective start to F(ryan)day today.

To almost every child, their parents are their heroes, and you don't really understand this until they are no longer with you.

Having lost my Dad when I was young, I listen to stories about the man he was, and what he did for others, it always makes me smile. he will always be my hero.

Losing both my parents has been very hard and so my thoughts go out to those of you who are still living with the  grief of  recent loss.

Remember, they are watching you and would not want you to be sad.

I truly believe this.


And now onto other things.

TRAVIS HEAD HAS ARRIVED!!!!

Yes he tipped up in the nets yesterday and will soon be joining the squad.
Things to remember

Travis is not like the proverbial 'Chirstmas puppy', he is not for life, he is only for the next few weeks, and so......

Travis is not the 'messiah', he is a young man who has come to add his weight to the team. as such I expect no slating of him over the next few weeks!

The end.!

Yorkshire were continuing to bat like 'batty' type things yesterday and we saw Adam Lyth hit a double century!
Totally brilliant knock from him
As was the knock by Steve Patterson who hit 51 and Plunkett with 37 to bring  a total of 407 all out.
The match was going to be a draw due to the fact that the weather had not played fair.

Well done my boys, totally proud of you all.

Sad news came through too about the health of the lovely Michael Carberry, who has been under going tests.
Hampshire issued a statement yesterday saying that he has been diagnosed with a cancerous tumour.
Our thoughts are with Michael and wish him a very speedy recovery.

As if this  was not bad enough.
News from my beloved France came through of a truly horrific end to Bastille Day.

Je suis vraiment attriste.






No comments :