Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Midweek



Ah midweek and the weekend is so close that  I can nearly see it, I am not sure why I am wishing the week away as there are only 2 more weeks until the end of the County championship season and  total boredom/hibernation for me.

However talking County Championship, it was a bit of a day, yesterday.

there was no toss at Headingley and Yorkshire were put into bat. Hmmm, didn't seem good when Lyth went for 2, which was apparently a 'shit shot' ( very technical cricket term). I didn't see it but was reliably informed.
Alex Lees made 132 and  with half centuries from Ballance and Lehmann my boys were 341-5 overnight.

Sadly TLJL is not playing!!!! Will I get to see him play before the end of the season???

I chuffing well hope so.



Over at Trent Bridge, I checked in with El Presidenti and made sure that  he had been to see Dave Bracegirdle, Notts Comms man.
Notts were batting. Samit Patel hit a century!!!

However the Middx bowlers  were on form and Ollie Rayner, the young Sean Bean lookalike, took nearly as many wickets as Sean has had wives!! 3-46!!

Notts were all out for 241.

And then something very magical happened............................
Middx went into bat, Jake Ball was opening the bowling, and before the first over was over, well lets just say  with figures of 3-2 it speaks for itself!

I think that  Jake ball is now the favourite bowler of the whole of Yorkshire, and iI imagine that the Middx team were making dollies of him last night and sticking pins in it!.

Told you it was some day....................................

.......................and then there was Lady Laineys favourite Aussie, Glenn 'Hotelkeygate' Maxwell, he hit 145 not out ( shame he hadn't done that at Yorkshre last season ), with Australia  setting a new T20 record in International cricket.


PHEWWW!!!!!!


I wonder what today will bring!




No comments :