Powered By Blogger

Friday 31 March 2017

Firstly............



let me just say, that my little ditty yesterday was meant in a tongue in cheek way. I had not been peering into my crystal ball, you all know that I am a purist where cricket is concerned, however let me say this...........

It is time to welcome change no matter how hard that may seem. it is time to embrace the new, but also hold true to the old.

I have to admit that over the last few years, I have headed off on balmy Friday evenings to enjoy a few hours of quick fire cricket, who will ever forget Jonny Bairstows  first T20 century against Durham in July 2014?
Not all the Durham cricket fans sat around me that's for sure as I was screaming my ginger head off!


Yes there may have been a lot of rain offs in the T20 competition over the years ( usually Yorkshire at Chester le street) , but after a hard week at work, what better way to unwind than a few hours of late evening cricket with friends.

I know I was heartbroken when HRR hung up his T20 shirt. although in reality he was being saved for the best form ( my opinion only)

I know that I was devastated when Yorkshire didn't make the  T20 final last season ( but did cheer Nothants on to their win, as I love Steeler the mascot,)

I know that I have muttered in depth about the new Franchise T20, which, I hasten to add, will not affect the domestic T20, but having listened at length to the pros and cons. We  have to accept that it is a no brainer.

In short, there are few clubs in England who can hold their hands up and say they don't need the money ( apart from Surrey I would guess).

No one wants to see another 'Durham' happen!

So time to embrace the fact that like it or not, change is coming, but not at the total expense of the County Championship.

And with that, I wish you a happy Friday .......................this time next week we will be into the cricket season at Yorkshire!!!

I am only a little bit excited................................












No comments :