Powered By Blogger

Saturday 24 June 2017

Another early start



well another morning of seeing the dawn, I have once again been up since just after 2am and  now ( just after 4am) I am here typing away.

At some point this weekend I think that I may just crash........................which is what my phone did on Thursday lunchtime.
I was unable to get anything sorted until yesterday afternoon when the very lovely man in the Vodafone  shop sorted the whole thing out for me................in less than 10 minutes, and told me what to do in the event that it happens again.
Ah technology, great when it works, irritating when it doesn't.

And then there was a little matter of T20 cricket and I was watching with the now 'expert' Dame Didi.

Yes we are the same stock, the same cricket family, but somewhere along the years she has been ensnared by F1.
however she seems to have started to remember all the things that were instilled in us as children.

Yes she does know a 'wide', 'LBW' and how to heckle the players just like Uncle Jack!!!

And so we settled down to watch the game.
South Africa went in to bat and with Abraham Benjamin and Smuts being the highest scorers for their side they closed on 174-8.

Tom Curran made his debut and took 3 wickets as well as doing his aeroplane impersonations.

The dame was not impressed.

England went into bat and Billings and Roy ( who is now on his 29th life ) were opening , Billings did a Roy and was out before the 2nd over.
Roy however managed to stay  to put on 67 before obstructing the field and being given out.
There is a lot being said about this being a controversial decision, however   it was obvious to see and, he was gone.

It started to look a little bit as if England might be in trouble after they seemed to be coasting to victory.

and when Captain caught Captain it was looking even more as if S A were on the fight back.

Now if Carlsberg did catches ........................................


And you didn't have to be able to lip read to realise that AB  was not expecting it!

This will go down as one of my all time favourite cricket moments.

If you didn't see it then I am sure that it will be on You Tube  and is well worth watching especially the look on AB;s face!

then it was all over and South Africa had won by 3 runs!

It was a great game and now the Dame and I are looking forward to Sunday!

I am looking forward to getting the washing on shortly and getting myself organised for the  coming week.

But first I might see if I can get an hours more shut eye.

Ooooohhhh and before I forget .............................

Happy Birthday to our Chairman, I hope that you have a brilliant day.






1 comment :

ricky said...

Have a great weekend lainey