Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 July 2017

OMD!!! Late again




Well I have no excuse for being late this morning other than the fact that I kept turning over and going back to sleep, this is all new to me, its not something that I do, however I am just going with it, as I must need some sleep.

Especially after the excitement of yesterday.

So I got myself all settled down to watch the match and by 11.00.10am I was screaming so loud that the neighbours must have wondered what was going on, and what was going on was a dropped catch off the first ball of Luke fletcher!
Well that set the tone of the innings for Notts as there was some scrappy fielding and Mark Stoneman hit an unbeaten 144 to see Surrey on 279-9 at the end of their 50 overs.

I nipped to the local Co op in the break, this was my last ever visit as the store that has been there forever closed last night to be taken over by Macolls. End of an era at Neville Parade.

back home I settled down for the Notts innings,

Losing Lumb before the 4th over was not looking good, but Hales plodded on, and on and on and over took Geoff Boycotts record .
Players can in and went without really making a dent in the score, the soon to be retiring captain Chris Read came in and hit a great 58. the runs were clocking up.
James Pattinson came in, his last match for the team and now unemployed as the Australian pay talks still have not been resolved.
Hales and Pattinson saw the team through to an amazing win. Hales with an outstanding knock of 187.


Luke fletcher was so excited that I was worried the balcony would collapse!

What a well deserved win!

So the One Day cricket is done and we now move onto T20 with my first outing on Friday when Notts come to Headingley.

A big night out for all.

As for the Australia debacle, well it looks as if its not resolved the A team tour will be in jepoardy ( rather than South Africa!) and will mean that Jason Gillespie will be unemployed too.............


Right I am off to strim and trim the lawn edges and tackle the weeds, make up the beds and  probably hoover through the house.

Then its time to continue with the clearout and get things on ebay.

Never a dull moment here at the Chateau.

News from France, my sister has found me a bar to buy and has got her rail card, so there is no stopping her. She will be looking for a car as soon as she gets back form her 'mini holiday'.

Right you are up to date with all things so I am off to be productive!






No comments :