Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 July 2017

The afternoon after the night before



Well I am home and I am a shadow of my former self. I think that once I have posted this blog I will be having myself a little nap.

And why  do I feel a little under the weather?

it was the annual get together for Sophie and I for the Yorkshire v Notts T20 match. And to  mark the occasion we had a little pre match cocktail party in our room at the lodge.

Sophie and I headed off over to the pavilion to see Cally and Dave Bracegirdle  then back to the room to get ready.

Our first guests were Clare and Christine, followed by Gary, and then Dave, Helen and the lovely Molly joined in, as did Jim, Tom and Steve, it was a room full I can tell you.

The rhubarb gin martinis went down a storm, and are now known as a 'Blast off'. Molly had 'mocktails' and Jim, Tom and Steve were on the lagers!
With nibbles and samosas ( courtesy of Clare and Christine) it was a cocktail party par excellence.

We headed off to get our seats, and the ground had the largest crowd outside of a roses match which was really impressive.

We were kept entertained by Vinny the Viking, who seemed very keen on the fact that MY hair matched HIS beard.

Yorkshire were batting and Adam Lyth hit a brilliant 82, before being bowled by Big Luke Fletcher, the new boy Shaun Marsh hit 60. with a score of 227-5 Notts went in.

They posted 179-8, giving the Tykes  their first win  and a record score.

We were all having way too much fun to go to bed so we headed over for the autograph signing where I was snubbed by a Yorkshire player......................yes its true!
I will not name and shame him, but I tell you this, that player has lost his most loyal supporter.!!!!!

We headed into town, which we knew was a mistake but did it anyway.

The photos seem to show that much fun was had by all.

I would like to thank Sophie for making the journey and to  everyone who called in for drinks.

What a night!!!!

And now I am totally flagging so I am heading off to bed for an hour

1 comment :

helen said...

Haha you were funny last night under the influence. Hope you're not feeling too rough today x