Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 July 2012

Tales from the boundary Sunday 1/7/12

Well his 'would like to be' Lord Lainey took me to lunch  at Emirates Durham ICG ground yesterday, prior to Durham Dynamos taking on Leicestershire Foxes ( or 'Boxes' as the ridiculously and obviously over paid and total idiot commentator said on 2 occasions, only last week he referred to the incoming batsman as the 'new batter' as this was at the Yorkshire match I wondered if it was a kind of veiled insult (batter= yorkshire pudding!!! ) and then decided that his brain would never have been able to link that together).
Oh dear now I am off on one of my rants. I am a bit of a purist where cricket is concerned prefer a proper cricket match 3-4 days to the razzamatazz of T20 cricket. Yes I appreciate that from a clubs view it is a good way to generate income with minimum hours spent at the crease. They wrap it all up as good family day out.

Well Lady Lainey ( for that is I) moved to pre paid seat ( yes I have a T20 season ticket). Over the past few weeks I watched schools bring huge amounts of children to these matches and have watched in amazement at how weak childrens bladders are. They go to the toilet every 5 minutes and usually in 'packs' of 6 or 7. Then they drink numerous bottle of coke , eat bags of sweeties that are blue ( always a warning sign!) and by the end of 20 overs  these children are now bouncing in their seats, walloping each other with the 'bangy things' that they give away free at the gate and scream with laughter for no apparent reason. At the same time their  teachers appear to have contracted the weak bladder syndrome of aforementioned children, and disappear in the general direction of the  toilet when I actually think they are nipping to the bar for a large brandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yesterday for the first time this T20 season, there was not a bus load of children in the rows of seats in the close proximity, hurray I thought, but no it was worse............. 5 university students, so very  obviously  non cricket fans, who talked incessantly, drank copious pints of lager, waved 'Durham Dynamo's ' flags at inopportune moments and got louder and louder as the match wore on.
Before you all kick off, Her Ladyship sometimes lets her tiara slip and has a couple of sherries too many however his 'would like to be' Lord Lainey' has informed me that I don't get loud I just speak in French!


à toute à l'heure

No comments :