Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 July 2012

'Tykes' Triumphant

#COYT


I think by now you know how much I, Lady Lainey love cricket, to the sky and back twice over!, and today I am so bouncy happy  that the 'boys' in the office will have to strap me to my seat and not allow me to have any more coffee.

Why am I as bouncy as a hyperactive puppy?, well why do you think?, my wonderful, amazing, fantastic boys of super splendid home county only went and did it! Yes they jolly well did, they blinking well won their quarter final, and so semis here we come!. ( the purple dress, yellow scarf and green cardigan must have worked)

YORKSHIRE!!!!!

#COYT

Gillespie is not only Gallant he is GRRRREAT!!!!

So pints of Black Sheep down the nearest Toby Carvery and hold the baked beans and beetroot!

Well done to all the team!!


Also a big shout out to Lady Laineys fave super southern team, Hampshire, who nearly made Lady Lainey sick with excitement ( and super fabby boss Job the Jolly updating by text nearly every ball, top man Jobbers), talk about taking it to the wire!


Before all that took place though I decided at lunchtime yesterday that I  would toddled down to Feethams home of daring Darlo cricket club, to see Durham 2nd XI v Ireland A, it was not as hot and sunny as Tuesday but it was just what the doctor ordered, peace and quiet and no work, packing or moving things to LT Towers II.( for a little while at least)
After a little, much needed, nap I had the pleasure to meet Phil Simmons,and then super hairy  Wilbert the Irish wolfhound cross. I got a super lovely sloppy licky kiss, ( From Wilbert not Phil Simmons! what kind of Lady do you take me for! ).
Durham declared on 561-6,close of play saw Ireland 32-1. Today should be exciting!

I wish that the house moving fairies would come to my house and take all my things to new house meaning that I the lovely and very tired and tetchy Lady Lainey could spend more time watching cricket and less time sorting through piles of junk treasures accumulated over the last 5 years. I would just be able to sit and count my tiaras and paint my nails, but no the cold hard truth is there are no house moving fairies and so I Lady Lainey am breaking the aforementioned nails and my back too trying to get into new house in record time!.

Before I forget, for all my Australian readers don't forget Saturday 28th July, Adelaide Crows V Geelong  and apologies for not knowing that the snazzy shirts they wear are actually called Guernseys. Thank you to the Duke of Adelaide for teaching me all things Antipodean. I am learning more every day. #COYC ( Come on you crows).

And because I have been so busy doing housey stuff and sometimes forgetting to be the lovely Lady Lainey my super besty ex cricketer friend RMFC gave me a call to make me smile. Thank you RMFC best ex cricketer friend in the world!

And so from an overly excited Lady Lainey I wish you all a 'Bloody well done Yorkshire' Thursday.

No comments :