Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 April 2013

F(ryan)day, birthdays and one step closer to the weekend.

FINALLY, the first decent nights sleep all week and I have awoken this morning ready for the weekend...........only to realise that there is one more day in super swanky Lady Lainey office!!! oh well bacon and egg sarnies should make the morning more pleasant.

Surprisingly I am starting the cricket round up with former besty home county of Durham. They were in danger of being made to follow on when Borthwick and Colleywobble  Collingwood made a stand and put on 153 runs. Now it is well documented that I feel that Collingwood does not pull his weight ( along with this years Benefit nominee) and I am eating my words as he put on 74 runs. However I guess that this will see the decline in his cricket appearances. Watch this space.


Besty home county of Yorkshire. well the friendly was played in the true sense of cricket, gentlemanly and as a proper game. Both sides agreed to bat half the day each ,with the  scores showing at  Yorkshire 164-7 and Lancashire 163-3 when the game was ended. This match had free entry for the three days and although the weather may have been somewhat lacking in blazing sunshine. Wonderful cricket was seen at Headingly. Bresnan taking 2 wickets in Lancashires innings. great to see Tim back and sooooooo excited about next week.


A sad farewell to the Duke of Adelaide on Twitter but only for a short while, although he is not going to lose touch, which is a relief,as who else would read my blog in Australia!.

This weekend is not cricket, so I have lots to do including going to see former neighbours Sir Kevin and the fair Hazel, as they are doing more to raise funds for under privileged children. So popping in tomorrow for coffee and a browse, hopefully I will not come home with a car dull of 'stuff'. I could give them a house full of 'stuff' to sell if I could get my act together and sort it out.


Happy Birthday to Dizzy
Happy Birthday to Dizzy
Happy Birthday best home county of Yorkshire coach
Happy Birthday to you

Yes it is the birthday of the greatest bowler to ever coach Yorkshire. Gillespie the Gallant is 21! Just like I Lady Lainey. Cake and fizzy pop, sausage rolls and jelly and ice cream? I flipping hope so as it wouldn;t be a proper birthday with out them
Today is also the birthday of 'Justin' or as he is actually known Jason ( yes another Jason having a birthday today!), super subby draughtsman who came to work with us when we were tres busy. I hope that you have a fab birthday Jase and we all hope that you 'pop'; into the office soon as we miss you. ( you know that means come in and make the tea!!!).


Dame Didi is not having much luck in La Belle France as she still had no hot water yesterday ( no shower since when?????). Hope that all is now in order, and that you get a new 'plombier' soon.

Well time has run away from me again and it is time to hit the A1 and make the 'boys' day by shattering the peace in the office.

Bon Weekend tout le monde

Birthday Boy

1 comment :

Inthesky said...

Good morning, I have just found your blog. I am not a cricket fan. I do not really know the first thing about it apart from it is fun to play on the beach or in the park. I live equidistant from Worcestershire County Cricket Club and Edgebaston. Perhaps I should get into cricket? I hope you have a great weekend...cricket free I see. X