Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 11 July 2018

A very heavy heart



More dark clouds loom over my beloved Headingley today after the news yesterday that our Chairman Steve has resigned.
Some of us are still struggling with the loss of Cally and now Steve, a huge blow to the club.


Whilst I read through the comments, of which most were heartfelt sadness at the resignation, I was struck by the vitriol of some supporters, and the rubbish reporting of rehashed parts of his resignation letter.
I feel that I may  be baking humble pie and the sooner the better.

Steve has been a credit to the club and one of the most personable chairmen that I have had the pleasure to meet.
He interacted with members and supporters on social media and although some times bombarded with messages of dissatisfaction, he  remained a great supporter of the club that he loves.

His tale of queueing to see Geoff  Boycott score his 100th 100 will remain with me forever.
In his years as chairman he has pushed the club forward, can any of you reading this doubt it?

Who else did so much to enable us all to have free wifi at the ground?
 Would you have faced Liam Plunkett so that we can leave  pictures and messages on facebook, twitter and instagram, without using up our data?

I certainly wouldn't!

I think that Yorkshires tweet which started 'Yorkshire CCC is extremely disappointed to announce' sums it up!


The gloomy years of the former chairman made way for a bright new hope with Steve

He is a great loss to the club and these are big boots to fill.
Although sad at his untimely exit, I wish him nothing but luck and happiness in his future, and hope that I get the chance to buy him a pint at cricket .

Steve you are a one off and I for one will miss you ( even when you give out my age on twitter!! more #fakenews!!!)


Thought for the day.

John 8:7
Let him who is without sin among you cast the first stone.





No comments :