Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 July 2013

Hooray It is F(ryan) day








How quickly they come around and how quickly I am using up my photos of his Royal Ryanness, I guess I will just have to take some more! ( such a chore!)

So its F(ryan)day, day 2 of the 2nd Test and after the first 40 minutes of play yesterday I think that all England fans were heading for the bar to drown their sorrows, ( except me and Job the Jolly who were totally engrossed in our Test Match Special game and we both had to drive home). Cook and Root opened and then after 12 runs Cook went back to the Pavilion for an early shower, soon followed by Joe Root ( 6) courtesy of Watson and Harris. The only man that could possibly save England  (KP) swaggered out to bat and after  2 runs he trudged back up the steps, at least he got first chance at the lunch spread and also could watch his dismissal on the lunchtime news.

A shock moment came when Jonny Bairstow was given out and then was back in again, they are obviously trying to jazz up the test and make it like T20 instead of dancing girls they let the  players do a form of the 'Hokey Cokey'!. Jonny went onto 67 with Trott putting on 58.

However credit where credit is due, Ian bell ( not a favourite with I Lady Lainey)  put on a marvellous 109 before being bowled by Smith ( no Hokey Cokey for him).

England closed on the first day on  289-7.

The Queen had turned out to meet the players, she was so impressed that at midday she went home.


The Duke of Adelaide and I were having a chat on Twitter and then I get a tongue lashing off Pauly Paul for not being behind England. Well as I am flipping well part French ( the part with the wine in my veins..........which would be all of me) I can support who I chuffing well like. So  I think  I will lend my support to Italy, who are a force to re reckoned with and  they have top coach Joe Scuderi, so keep your eyes on them in future.


Also over in Chesterfield my Tykes were playing like proper Vikings,  Lees made his  double century which was a top knock from the boy and made I Lady Lainey whoop like a mad thing in super swanky Lady Lainey office, I scared the flipping life out of Jobbers! Alex  finished the innings on 275 not out.

Derbyshire went in to bat and the one and only Chesney Hughes went early courtesy of his Royal Ryanness, after a brief fight back Derbyshire then went down like skittle and the session closed on day two with Yorkshire on an outstanding 617-5 and Derbyshire on 64-5.

Its all happening and I can't even be there!

In Le Tour, Chris Froome has extended his lead despite racking up some penalty points, for taking food late in stage 18! well you know the French and food! Everything stops for lunch!
Today will see the cyclists  ( and Dame Didi) peddling over 204km ( the Dames tricycle is getting a bashing I can tell you), from Bourg d'Oisan to Le Grand-Bornand, over 65km of this is a climb in the Alps!

Hope that Dame Didi is back in time for dinner!


In horse racing yesterday a new jockey took to the circuit, 19 year old Jamie Piggott. name sound familiar, yes he is the youngest son of Lester. really he is a 'Pigglet'.


And finally, I Lady Lainey  got published ( sort of ) yesterday , check out
http://www.alloutcricket.com/ashes/blogs/ode-to-crickets-past

That really made my day, flipping fame at last!









No comments :