Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 December 2013

Its Office Xmas Gut Bash day




Wow I bet all regular readers were tres surprised by today's title!!! Not the usual title ( or picture) for Fridays. Well today is the day of the annual office Xmas party, when super big boss gets on the train and ventures up to the icy wastes of the North East of Blighty, where he takes us out, fills us full of food and drink and then wobbles back down to former home of I,Lady Lainey, London.

Normally Pony Paul and I wobble home, whilst Job the Jolly stays super sober........................however this year, 'Jobbers' is not driving, and Trill Boy is now with us so I think this = CARNAGE!!!!! ( for details of last year reads blogs  'Hangover' and Hangover part !!')

Hopefully I will be up in time tomorrow to relate the escapades of the 'boys' as I Lady Lainey am on the wagon ( well sort of  half on!). And intend to only have a few glasses of wine, with water chasers. Well that's the plan!!!!

So  now lets see what has been happening 'down under' whilst some of us were sleeping ( or snoozing in my case). Well Australia were still racking up the runs until about 5.20am this morning when they declared on 570-9.

There were some heroics when Swann took an 'amazing' flying catch to remove Bailey, but I think the score for the first innings speaks for itself.

 The bowling figures were not great Panesar 1-157, hmmmmmm best to keep my thoughts to myself until the full post mortem!

England went into bat and lost Cook for 3 runs!!!! Carberry and Root are currently holding the fort.

It also appears that The Barmy Army have been very quiet, well not very much to shout or sing about  really.


After reporting yesterday about the alleged match fixing in New Zealand . Lou Vincent has come forward and said that he is one of the trio and is co operating in the ongoing ICC anti corruption investigation. Hopefully this will all be cleared up quickly and then cricket in New Zealand can move forward.


So as I put on my best party frock and second besty tiara ready to head on down to Bannatynes Hotel. I wish you all a fab Friday.

And as I sign off at 6.45am the score is currently 21-1 go Carbs!!!!






1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Sad to hear of the passing of Nelson Mandela.

DD