Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 December 2013

Super sleepy Lady Lainey


Well, well ,well, I must have been a jolly tired Lady Lainey, because I went to bed before 10pm last night and woke up at 8.20am!!!!  but who cares??? I am on holiday now yippppeee!!!!!

Well 'Tales from the Boundary' may have been short on cricket news yesterday but today I am very sad to report that  Yorkshire are losing their second XI team coach Paul Farbrace. He has been appointed  Head coach to the Sri Lankan cricket team.
As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, Paul had gone out to Sri Lanka to have talks regarding the role. He had been assistant coach in Sri Lanka  when the bus that  the team were travelling in was attacked by gunmen in Lahore in 2009.
 He has held his position with Yorkshire since 2011.
Good luck Paul

Other sad departure news is that Karl Krikken is leaving Derbyshire. Karl has been  been with the club for over 27 years as either a player or latterly coach. I did write a couple of weeks ago that Derbyshire were asking staff to re-apply for their positions, however Karl has decided to pursue other opportunities.

I know that my besty bowler ( ex Derbys and Hants) friend JJ speaks very highly of him. Derbyshire now have an opening for coach, so I am considering putting quill to paper and having a little go myself #noflippingchance


Former besty county in the South ,Hampshire have signed Joe Gatting on a two year contract. Hampshire are looking to strengthen the batting with the possibility that Michael Carberry may not be available for the club for  much of next season  Giles White thinks that Joe ticks all the boxes.
He is the nephew of ex England skipper Mike Gatting. Hopefully he won't like the pies as much as his uncle!.

So what does today have planned for moi?

Well I am going to go and have my brekkie because I am flipping starving and then I am off to Ladylaineyville to have a mooch around the shops, then come home and have a little nap.

I am also 'mentally' and physically preparing myself for the New Year 60 day 'Insanity' challenge. Trill Boy says that I won't do it.........................and that is just what I need to make sure that I do!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you are still in bed reading this, GET UP!

until tomorrow






No comments :