Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 June 2014

it's cold and wet!



Oh my I have woken up this morning to cold and wet weather.....................how can this be? It's a cricket day!!! Its a T20 cricket day too so hopefully by this afternoon the weather will have improved and we will get to see some cricket, albeit that I will be wrapped up in more layers than an Eskimo, but to be honest I am not too bothered about that as long as I get to see some play.

Yesterday my Tykes were in action against Nottinghamshire. In what was to be a low scoring game the result was sadly not what I was wanting. Notts went into bat and  with captain James Taylor hitting 52,  and finished their  20 overs on  143-9 with His Royal Ryanness  taking 3-24. Now that had me fair bouncing around in my seat.....................until My Tykes went into bat. It all seemed to happen very quickly, they lost wickets very quickly and were 69-5 in what seemed to be a blink of an eye.
Tim Bresnan and Adil Rashid made a valiant stand but sadly my boys could only make 121-9 in their overs.

After a cracking bit of bowling from Ryan it was disappointing to see them lose..................However the County Championship is much more important and I for one am looking forward to next week when I will be motoring down the A1/M1 to tip up at Headingley. Wooohooo super flipping excited.

It was all go here at Tykes Towers yesterday as I was doing housework, shopping, circuits and gardening. Mr Funky the chauffeur came round and hacked through the West garden, I was raking up the large amounts of very lush vegetation and flipping snails!! although it looks as if the Frog family have 'hopped' to wetter climes. I then set to 'edging' the lawn and found that the path to the back of the extensive grounds is actually twice as wide as I thought it was!

This morning before the cricket I am thinking that I might tackle the front lawns................I only said might!

And so as the garden is starting to take shape and look considerably tidier I need to keep this going. 'Weed and feed' is on the shopping list for this week, as is 'weed killer'. After trying lots and lots I have found one at 'Wilko's  which does the trick brilliantly. ( OMG I was having a Percy Thrower moment there!)

So I am off to prepare for the arrival of  Tzarina Katerina who is popping in  ( and not 'pooping' as auto correct put, hahahah Dame Didi I bet you are laughing at that!!! for obvious reasons!). Katerina is off on a drinking weekend with her mates so hope that she has a good time.

I am off to make coffee and then get ready for cricket


Have a great Sunday where ever you are.






No comments :