Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 April 2015

It's the 'hump' of the week



And so it is Wednesday and we are just a few 'steps' away from the weekend again, ooohhhhh!!!!! exciting.............  well sort of, I will be doing the same old routine on Saturday but will be going up to The Riverside on Sunday to see former besty home county of Durham start their first real home game. So Sunday morning will be filled with coffee, sandwich, cake and lunch making!!! Oh joy.

However that is all in the future and now I am simply buzzing after a FANTATIC fight back yesterday by my Tykes.

they took the field yesterday and lost Captain Galey lad quite soon after, however it was 21 year old Jack Leanings day as he hit his maiden championship century. He hit 116 before being stumped off Samit patel ( Mr Funky you remember Samit Patel!!). Jack was helped along the way by Rich Pyrah and Little ( not ) Timmy Bresnan. Yorkshire closed their day 13 runs ahead of Notts and gaining maximum batting points too.

I think the game is heading for a draw.............................BUT I cannot say anything other than with 7 members of the squad either with England or with a very very poorly leg ( His Royal Ryanness) they are showing the strength of players that they have had waiting on the sidelines.
Credit to Gillespie the Gallant who has literally turned this team around!

I love cricket!!!!


Yesterday was also the birthday of Rob 'Flicx Pitch', the lovely man who made my wicket for 'my boys' The Gentelmen of Tykeshire. Rob and his colleagues were having a BBQ in his honour last night and I hope that a good time was had by the birthday boy and all at Flicx.


Dame Didi also had news yesterday re the sale of Chateau Saltburn. A decision could be made by the end of the week as to whether she will be hot footing it back home to France as early as July! There goes my one night stop over on the way to Scarbados!!!!!!

Wooohoooo though super exciting...........Champagne region ahoy!!!!!

Well the sun is shining here at The chateau and  I am preparing for a day in Super Swanky Lady Lainey office. Hopefully today we will manage to get another load of old rubbish cleared out of the spare office that has become a dumping ground.

So with that I am off to twirl my curls, put on my special 'Yorkshire champions' tiara ( yes I have one of those too!) and trundle off down the A1.

Bon Mecredi




No comments :