Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 October 2015

F(ryan)day I love you!!!!

Well hello F(ryan)day!!!!!  I am so glad to see you that I nearly got up at 3 am in my excitement. And then I had the shock of realisation that it was 3am and went back to sleep until 5am.

Today I am going to work with new purpose. Things are rubbish but you know what, only I can make them better and I am on the way to doing that. Having had a chat with the old  flame ( never wanted to be Lord Lainey, was a Lord already) last night about what a rubbish day I'd had, he gave me some very sound advice which did not involve inflicting any pain on the perpetrators.


I have quite a lot of work to do this weekend and nothing is going to stop me from doing it.
After getting some new furniture for the home office I have some work to do in that room and intend to get on with it.


Over in the UAE England were in action yesterday as they started the 2nd Test against Pakistan.

At about 8.30am yesterday good old Jonny Bairstow  took an amazing catch and he wasn't even wearing the gloves. He really is a top boy.
Ben Stokes had recovered from his 'stomach bug'.
However England were thwarted by Pakistan captain  Misbah-Ul-Haq who hit 102 and who at 41 became the oldest test centurion since 1978.
Today England need to get him out first ball and then take out the others before lunch..................................hmmmmmmmmnot too sure.

After my totally rubbish day, I settled down to watch the Highlights of the India v South Africa match. India needed to win to get back into the series. I was in AB heaven which boosted my mood. However sadly my SA boys could not beat the 299 set by India and fell 35 runs short.

The series is still not won so it trundles onto Mumbai.

Here in county news, Middlesex, Sussex and Kent are still  signing and resigning players, so there is still things happening behind the scenes here.

Right I am off to finish my week. Have a great F(ryan)day where ever you are...........................I am 7 working hours away from 'party central' ( in real terms lying around on the chaise longue with a blanky thrown over me).

Thought for the day.

Great minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss events
Small minds discuss people.




No comments :