Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 May 2016

Test team, Best team



Well I am up and dressed and waiting for the ECB to announce the Test team it doesn't happen until 7am so I am already on my 10th cup of French ground coffee. I will be bouncing off the walls later............................which is what I was doing yesterday.

My boys were unable to start on time and only got out to play just before lunch and took two scalps before butty time.


Even though they had been castrated ( no Willey) they didn't go out half cocked! Bad news is though that  David Willey will not be bowling for 6 weeks due to an abdominal injury.

More rain and bad light affected the game...........................

However  little Joey Root took 2 wickets,  and when they got back out,Patterson took 3 blinders,  and it was left to Liam Plunkett to finish Surrey off.

There was much yahooing on the A1 I can tell you as I was listening in on my way home.

OMG!! When I heard about the rain at 11am I was getting myself all geared up for another draw.
 My boys pulled off a cracking win, and if it hadn't been a school night I might have been tempted to have a Sloe Gin Martini or two!

as you can tell I am still too way too excited!!!

My boys get a couple of days of R & R and then trundle off to Taunton.

 Mark their trusty chauffeur is not back with them yet, but will be taking care of their motoring needs very soon.

As for the test team, well I am sure we have a pretty good idea who will be in there.

Elsewhere in the cricket world it looks as if Glamorgan have/ or are about to sign, Dale Steyn.

OOhhh!!! that stare!!!


Nottinghamshire have pulled 'Big Luke Fletcher back into the fold after loaning him out to Derbyshire.
I hope that he is back in the team soon!

OOhhhh that frown!!!

Sad news came through before close of play that Tony Crozier the West Indian commentator has sadly passed away aged 75.

A very distinctive voice of cricket.



So I am still waiting for the team to be announced but have other things to do.

 I will bid you a 'Bon Jeudi'


Yorkshire, you beauties!!!








No comments :