Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 June 2016

What a morning, and I've only been up half an hour!




I shot out of bed this morning sooooooooo super excited, it was the first day in my new job! I raced into the dressing room threw open the wardrobe doors and started hunting for my new blue suit and pale blue blouse, that I know I had put away last night before I went to bed.

The dressing room floor now resembles a jumble sale and I am in despair.

Why????

Well it took me a little while to realise that the 'dream job' that I was so excited about starting today was in fact that!, a dream!!!!.

and a flipping vivid one too. I remember the interview, can see the letter offering me the job and can feel the pen in my hand as I signed  my contract.  I even know the fabric of the suit and the blouse.

yes I was totally convinced that this morning I was starting work as 'Supporter liaison' for my beloved Yorkshire ( although in reality the chuffing commute would be a nightmare all that 50 mph nonsense on the A1). I don't even think that there is such a position at the club!

I am now on my 4th cup of french ground coffee, trying to calm myself/cheer my self up.

Worse than the fact it was a dream, is that I have to go to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office instead

  *heads off back to kitchen for more coffee*

The last time I had such a vivid dream was when I married Sean Bean  and that was some party, I could even feel the hangover when I woke up!

Ah well, I will have to make the best of the job of 'Official office boy wrangler/mess sorter outer/prettiest in office'.

Not fair *stamps 3in heel, heads off for more coffee*

Right back in the real world and back to yesterday.


Rain, rain and more rain!

I headed up to Chester le Street where it was 'drizzling' both teams were 'warming up' and then went back to the dressing rooms as it started to rain a little heavier.

I ate my lunch....................................and then my tea...........................and then  biscuits....................and all the chewing gum in my bag, and still no play. By this time  the direction of the rain was causing me to have a soggy bottom so I decided to head home.
yes you've guessed it, no sooner had I set foot in the  front door, then the players came out.
And Worcestershire made short work of Durham dismissing them all for 90


despite some heroic bowling from Chris Rushworth, Durham didn't seem to be in the game and couldn't get close to bowling Worcestershire out.
The Worcestershire Wonder Boys march on to their next game.

Over in Chesterfield  I  was being kept  briefed on the weather by Clare and Olivia, and things were not much better there.
however my boys did get out to   bowl an over and Little Timmy Bresnan made it a maiden so that was a result, as was the point that we picked up when the match was rained off!!!

YEAY!!!!! the boys are off the mark in the One Day games too.

To say that I was smiling was an understatement.

And now........................well sadly I am off to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office and all the joy that it fills me with!




No comments :