Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 November 2016

another week begins



and I am more tired than a tired old thing, due to a very disturbed nights sleep.

however it is only a 4 day week for me this week so that is a plus.

no work on Friday as the birthday celebrations begin in earnest.

However back to cricket news.
Australia are currently 8 men down and still need  229 runs to win, it is looking fairly good for the South Africans.

England begin their tour in India on Wednesday with the First test, so all in all its a full on cricket week, what with my trip to Headingley on Thursdays evening!

Arthur the Very Valuable teddy will be making his first ( of many ) trip to HQ with me.

I read and listened with interest to the reports about the verbal abuse of umpires.
It is claimed that the number of umpires at recreational  level are dwindling and with good cause, having heard some of the stories.

They face abuse   from players on a regular basis!

It is not contained to grassroots, as I am sure that we have seen it at county level and on TV at international level ( last week.being springs to mind)

Umpires have said that not only have they been sworn out ( unnecessary) one said that he was spat out ( DISGUSTING).

There needs to be something in place to stop this abuse. Umpires are there to do a job.

What ever happened to the game of Gentlemen.


Well gentlemen are not what I will be dealing with today, as I head off to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.

Sadly it will be 'kiddies corner' and as they regale each other with tales of the weekend I can foresee that no work will be done!


Right off to sort it all out!


No comments :