Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 November 2016

It's hump day...........


.................and we have had our first frost, I heard car scraping going on this morning at about 5am, however it is not looking too bad as I peep out of the blinds.

The Lady Lainey limo is safely tucked up in the garage so no scraping for me!

I am about to put the Hunters in the boot of the car as it is now THAT time of year. yes I only drive 8 miles to work but you have to be prepared.

Yesterday saw the usual 'fun'; in the office and today  I am considering removing the radio, the singing is appalling but the depth of musical knowledge never fails to astound me.
We were all merrily singing along to 'I'm out of love' when Trill Boy announces that he really likes the lady that sings this song.........................  his words.

' I really like that Fantasia bird, she is a brilliant singer'.

I rest my case!

Over  in Los Angeles ( yes the USof A) Italy were taking on Jersey in the ICC World Cricket League Div 4.
I was backing the pasta boys, as their technical manager is none other than my old mate Joe Scuderi.

This was a 'have to win' match for the lads.

After losing an early wicket they settled in. They were motoring along and put on  235 before they were all  out in less than their allotted 50 overs.

I was hoping that their bowling was going to be on the mark but sadly for Italy, Joe and I, they lost.

The important thing about this competition though is seeing the upcoming nations giving their all.

Well done Jersey, hard luck Italy and on to the next challenge.

Michael Vaughan has gone on record saying what a lot of us felt, that Gary Ballance should be dropped from the England team. Ballance is not playing well and to be honest he did not play well last season. Time for him to come home, and get some serious work done over the winter.

Well on that note.

I am off to do some serious work in the office, its not all shouting at boys, filing my nails, drinking copious amounts of coffee and looking pretty you know!




No comments :