Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 January 2017

cricket today







Well I am up and ready for a busy morning before an afternoon of cricket.

Freezer to defrost, Pav Bhaji, cauliflower dhal and chick pea patties to make, and then time to sit down and watch the England.

Yesterday involved lost of noise in the kitchen as Rhys worked his magic. When he removed the worktops that were fitted in the house in the early 1970's, I was very sad. I know that the worktops that have now been fitted will not stand the wear and tear of 40+ years. The old tops were in immaculate condition a credit to the maker.

I was super busy as I had a date with Abraham Benjamin.
 And South Africa had a brilliant game with an 8 wicket win.
I have to say that SA's bowlers put on a great display. Im looking forward to Trent Bridge.

Meanwhile  in Australia it was the final of the Big Bash. Scorchers V Sixers.
 I was cheering for the Scorchers ( Auntie Mollie would be decked in orange) as 'Little' Timmy Bresnan was playing ( so was the man with no lips)

Timmy took 3-40 and  saw the Sixers end their 20 overs on 141-9
A great batting display from Michael Klinger  ( 71 not out)  pushed the  Scorchers over the line  with just over 4 overs remaining.

Very well done to all the Perth boys however the celebration pictures of the man with no lips smiling...........well its the stuff of nightmares.

Well its time to get the freezer sorted and ( hurrah!) the washing machine on.
 Sunday morning rituals return and I also have the joy of a quiet hour doing the RSPB 'Bird Watch'.

I have decided to do this from 11-12.

I do this every year and love just spending the time watching the coming and goings,

Pete the pigeon has been eating is body weight daily, as I have over the past few weeks increased the food that I have been putting out.
So feet up and an hours relax watching the wildlife.






No comments :