Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 July 2022

busy busy


 


Its been mega busy  weekend, after nearly melting in the heat last week, I had a lot of jobs to catch up on.

I managed to finish the painting of the newly panelled hallway, which will have another coat but that will be next weekend.

I watched a little bit of the cricket ( as did everyone thanks to rain) and I  made chutney, did washing and packed my bags.

I'm off  'darn  sarf' with work for the remainder of the week, time to do some extra training and make use of the hotel facilities, as well as catching up with friends, which will be wonderful.

The heat last week, made for hard  times at La Maison, as I had very little sleep for 3 nights and took to living downstairs, getting to the first landing was an achievement, before being hit by  oven type temperatures.

I do have a hot house, even in winter so I shouldn;t complain ( but I will). We do after all insulate our houses to keep the cold out, it also stops the heat escaping! no wonder they turn to furnaces in the summer.


I've no crickety news except that I have managed to sneak a day to watch Yorkshire before the end of the season .

Also I found out that TLJL scored his first century at Stokesley, place of my birth!, he was about 11 apparently ( I think that's right) and I would have been just  a tad older ( that is not right!)


Have a great week, 



No comments :