Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 July 2022

its been a while





-





Well its been a while since I was last here and believe me its been filled with lots of things. 

1. I got bitten by a horse fly nearly 2 weeks ago, it very quickly became inflamed and I very quickly became  unwell. After numerous attempts to get to see a doctor, I resorted to speaking a pharmacist. I was told it was one thing, and how to deal with it, by the early hours of the next day I had to phone 111.
Was seen very early last Sunday morning and given a massive dose of antibiotics.
At work the chemists in the labs made me  a batch of 'silver' antibacterial plasters to aid the healing of the bite.
I am still a little under the weather as the antibiotics took their toll on my system and I am on probiotics to try to get things back to some order. The bite is starting to look less angry and I never want to see a horse fly again ( not that I saw it in the first place).

2. I had some midweek training at work with my now retired counterpart from 'darn sarf'. The company put me up for the night in Darlington ( living it up) and we went out for dinner and drinks ( I was on non alcoholic). I have another couple of training sessions although I am up and running now.

3 Same evening, The Vikings played an absolute blinder  beating Surrey by 1 run! Some amazing bowling  from Matty and the coolest cucumber ever, Jordan, who bowled the last over.
I would have gone to Finals Day ( surprisingly there were tickets available, but  with trains and hotels it took the cost to well over  4 nights in Reykjavik in  March, so lads I will be cheering from the sofa ( and as still not 100% thats probably the best place for me).

4 Politics went mad, and I came off Twitter as the amount of spite and hatred was just too much. Since lockdown I have become Apolitical, not believing anything that is said by anyone. My thoughts that if there was a better way to do things they should have all pulled together in the unprecedented times  and yes I know 'backers and the likes would not have liked this, but as I said unprecedented times. 
Last tie i will mention anything to do with politics again.

5 Have been watching Wimbledon  which I enjoyed a lot for the first time in years.

6 Spent some time sunbathing, sadly not with the Med lapping in the background.

And now I am off to work and hope that you have a great week.


No comments :