Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 July 2022

New week,




 A new week begins and we are well into the middle of July and over half way through the year.

Who knew that I would pack so much into the first 7 months, not me that's for sure.

Life throws some curve balls sometimes, but I have been lucky to actually  throw it right back and move on.

Its nice to have some calmness in my  life at last. Walking away from situations and people that want much and give little turns out to be  the easiest decision to make.

So the weekend, I was up and out early on Saturday morning to do lots of little jobs before settling down for cricket. I came home with Micky Bell, he wasn't on my shopping list but I rarely say no to having some time with him.

Back home, fan set up for Micky, chicken cooking for his dinner, it was all settle down for the first semi final of Finals Day.

Yorkshire playing Lancashire. 

Some great batting from Tom K-C , but seriously Jordan Thompson, a cracking 50 after his death bowling in the quarter finals! Keep an eye on him!

Matty was in to bat on a hattrick ball, I have to say I felt sick, but cool as a cucumber he faced it well.

with 204 under their belt it looked a good score.

Into the field they went Matty taking Phil Salts wicket was great to see. however it was not to be our day and Lancashire won by 6 wickets.

The lads did well and I am so proud of them all.

I settled in to be team Hampshire ( my former besty team in the south).

And they beat Somerset.

So the final, well all I can say is ECB we never needed another format of cricket. T20 delivers surprises time after time.

With Hampshire thinking they had won and it turning out to be a no ball, it couldn't have been any more exciting. They won by one run and  that team deserved it with some amazing fielding and bowling.

I did see Dane Vilas looking very displeased and appearing to tell James Vince this, not that James cared he was going to lift the trophy.

I am not a fan of T20, however I will go and watch as it is what it is, quick fire, money spinner for the counties.

The Hundred, dreadful made up game, silly rules and a money spinner for the sponsors and the ECB.

Scrap it now!

Sunday, well I painted, which in this heat was not a great idea!

And with that I am off to the land of performance chemicals


Have a great day and week ( just in case I don't come back this week)





No comments :